Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I Had My First Neurodream Last Night

Surprising I haven't had one until now, really.

Sadly it's already all fading away but it was a big, complex epic thing with endless confusions and revelations and double-crossings, mostly to do with people turning out to be other people. It was equal parts Citizen Kane, The Third Man and The Matrix. Fight Club was in there too, and The Magus, naturally. Robert Henley loomed large over the proceedings, Harry Lime-like, although he never actually appeared until the end (see below).

Harris, Knight, Hastings & Fischer appeared as this single, endlessly morphing identity, possibly of alien origin. Iocus Severus was in there. Xade & Jojo might have been Iocus, although this was never clear. Robin Hely kept popping up and helpfully editorialising everything (often via phonecalls), although in the end his contributions were revealed to be entirely misleading, driven by an agenda so evil no one could bring themselves to say what it was.

Lady J was also a shadowy and slightly sinister prescence. She seemed basically benevolent and was never really linked in to anything - but this might have been because she was just way too clever.

The closing scene was the one from Salo, with the libertines watching the captives (who were all figures from the Neuroblogosphere) torture & kill each other in a courtyard (which was also North Wharf) through binoculars from various vantage points. The libertines were Xul Solar & Methodius (who might or might not have been Robin Hely), Iocus, and the Charles/Neville/Maxwell/Bridget entity.

The punchline was that *I* turned out to be Robert Henley, although I hadn't realised it, because I'd erased my own memories, Total Recall-style.

It was the most haunting thing. I wish I'd had time first thing this morning to write it all down when it was still fresh in my memory. I'm sure my subconscious is much making better sense of all the current goings-on than my rational, analytical mind, which is getting horribly confused.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home