Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hely In Arrest Hoax Drama

Operative Random Voodoo reported yesterday on the dicovery of a Wikipedia entry about Neurocam, which claimed Robin Hely was arrested earlier this month for misappropriating Innocence's Arts Victoria funding to buy Neurocam ads.

I mailed Hely about this. He replied with a categorical denial:
The information at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurocam is complete fabrication. I once assumed Henley's character as an art project I created called "Who is Robert Henley", but have not had any cause to imitate him (if he even exists) since. Peter Burke is a friend of mine and we have collaborated on several projects. I was part of the Innocence team but had nothing to do with the funding of the project, all of which was used solely for Innocence's billboards.

As you probably know I have been a Neurocam operative in the past and even made an art project about Neurocam in NZ. I have been following Neurocam in Australia with much interest and can't wait to hear about the group mission on Sunday. I have been involved in several group assignments myself and know how much fun they can be ... Unfortunately I was dismissed from Neurocam during early 2000 as they did not appreciate my art project which was set up as an expose of Neurocam.
And robinhely.com has been updated with the message: "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurocam is complete fabrication".

The Wikipedia entry itself has been replaced with the message: "Neurocam' [sic] page removed due to legal procedings".

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home