Monday, February 14, 2005

I Heart Xul Solar 23

..so much that I don't even care who s/he is anymore.

You are the NeuroOp with the midas touch. Keep on spreading that bizarre and confounding misinformation. And that disturbingly legitimate speculation, n'all.

I like you a lot, and I will award you.

Incidentally, as previously linked above, Delta's been getting some interesting replies out of Maxwell Knight:
The organization currently known as Neurocam
has been in existence for in excess of thirty years. The name “Neurocam”, however, was only adopted in 2000.
..which was, of course, the year Robin Hely exhibited his work "Project Neurocam" in NZ.

Googling on Hely just now turned up this PDF, which I haven't seen before. On page 3, Hely writes about developing the hidden camera arrangement presumably also used for "Cherrie":
My intention for this project was to spend as much time as possible over the last 3 weeks recording with the hidden spycamera unit. The process of editing the footage began to suggest the possibility for narratives within what seemed to be exceedingly banal material.

Perhaps it was just my imagination. Exploring combinations of filters, quick cuts and a soundtrack/voice-over made the work into something I found kinda funny. I guess if I had to state this in a more intellectual way I would start wanking on about "explorations of narratives found all around us" and "the banal becoming sublime" and all that crappola, but that's not really my thing...

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home