Monday, March 14, 2005

Mask

I've got one. Thanks to the Wintermute who is not the German Wintermute.
Bring it on, Chuck.

I had a second Neurocam dream last night. It was a good 'un; best dream I've had in ages. Felt quite inspired. It was as dark as the last one but very different in tone. Much less theatrical/cinematic; more conceptual and with more of a linear narrative. It had a lot more meat on it. It was about me and a friend following a trail of enigmatic and frequently misleading clues left by the 'Cam and various other rival and affiliated parties. Our expectations were constantly being subverted. It was all very formal and gamelike. Strong covert surveillance element. Lots of tape recordings. Several people were murdered. As with the last one there was a big de Sade influence, and an all-pervasive aura of distrust and of people as chimeras with no fixed identity. There was a subtle supernatural element, but this was so understated as to be almost imperceptible. It was well spooky.

Once again I'm kicking myself for not writing about it earlier.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home